PPC for Estate Agents
PPC advertising is one of the most popular ways in which you can get traffic to your website, and it is something that estate agents should definitely be looking to implement. Most people initially think of Google when it comes to searching the web, but there are alternatives, such as Bing, Yahoo, YouTube and even Social Media that can help increase visibility and attract potential business.
PPC is a highly engaging way to promote your Estate Agent Business and drive traffic to your website. PPC adverts show in search results and you only pay when someone clicks on the link to go to the website. You also have full control over how much you are willing to spend and can set budgets to ensure you do not overspend.
What is Real Estate PPC?
PPC (Pay Per Click) is a service offered by Google (and other search engines) to promote your website and show it to the people who have searched for the relevant key search terms. Due to the wide array of competitors in this market, it is important that campaigns are created with the user in mind and keywords are specific to what the customer actually requires. If someone types in ‘Marbella property for sale‘ and this fits your market then you know you have a potential customer.
With PPC you know that you are delivering results to the targeted people at the exact moment they are showing interest. Also, you are advertising to someone who is probably at the first stage of their journey, so this is the ideal opportunity to gain trust, confidence and help them most. By doing this you are far more likely to achieve success and generate a conversion.
How PPC works
When people mention PPC they usually think of Google Search Ads. However, there are several other companies such as Bing and Yahoo that utilise search algorithms to return results to the user.
Setting up PPC campaigns involves writing engaging ad content, selecting keywords that you want to target, and choosing daily budgets. Of course, getting the best results isn’t quite as simple as this, there is a structured process of management and optimisation required to make sure your estate agency is getting the best results possible.
PPC also allows for remarketing to customers who have previously visited your website. These ads can help you reconnect with users who have shown an interest in your website, and can increase confidence and lead generation. Ensuring your ads show at the top of search results is determined on the four key factors below.
1. Keyword Relevance – Are the keywords relevant to the target audience?
2. Landing Page – Are the landing pages optimised and clearly related to the ad?
3. Quality Score – The better the quality score, the more visibility you will receive, in turn reducing the cost per click. Historical performance of the ad/keyword is taken into account also.
4. Budget and bidding – Are you bidding enough in Google’s Auction process and are your ads showing at the most relevant times?
Let’s assume the number one position for the keyword ‘Property in Marbella’ is £0.50p, and you have a bid of £0.40p you will not get the top spot, but your ad may show in second or third. You could increase the bid to £0.51 to achieve top spot, however, this will drive costs up. It’s a better idea to look at the keyword and see if the ad can be changed to incorporate the search term or look to advertise this specific ad at times when the Cost Per Click is lower. This will increase Google’s (or other search engines) trust in the keyword and reward you with a lower Cost per Click.
There are several other factors to be taken into account when determining if you will show in the 1st position and that’s why it is important to have regular maintenance and optimisations.
Why Choose Property Webmasters
Here at Property Webmasters we are solely focused on helping Real Estate Websites get the best possible results from Digital Marketing. We do not offer our services to other industries, meaning we are dedicated to helping your agency grow.
Property Webmasters don’t just provide Paid Search Management, they deliver results. Using our specialist and expert knowledge of both Google and Bing Ads we ensure you get the best possible results within your budget. We increase Click Through Rates, lower Cost Per Clicks, and bring higher-quality traffic to your Real Estate Website.
Our strategies are based on Google and Bing Best Practice principles, experience, and qualified knowledge. We continually tweak, test and optimise your account to ensure you get the best possible results.
You can be rest assured that you are in safe hands – our PPC Staff are all certified by Google and Bing and are up to date on the latest practices and trends.
No Long Term Contract – Property Webmasters are fully confident that we will bring valuable traffic and leads to your company, and as such if you do wish to withdraw from our service for any reason, all we require is 30 days notice (once the initial 3 month contract period has ended).
Promoting your Estate Agency with PPC
As the Real Estate agency becomes more and more competitive it is important to ensure your brand is as prominent as possible. Real estate searchers learn about the brands in a multitude of ways but the most common method is a search for the company name on Google or another search engine (branded search).
Potential customers searching for your company are far more likely to be your hottest leads, so it is important that you are bidding on your own name (you can be assured that your competitors will be doing the same to you). Bidding on your own brand name is also significantly cheaper than generic keywords where competition may be much higher. It is often beneficial to run PPC and SEO (Search Engine Optimization) together as they complement each other
Tips for your Real Estate Advertising Campaigns
- Location-Based Targeting
- Using Sitelinks in your Advertising
- Be ahead of the competition
- Use Automation Rules
- Follow Up
- Use display ads for brand awareness
- Be aware of other PPC Platforms
According to both Wordstream and Search Engine land, approximately 65% of all clicks made by users are to paid advertising. With this in mind, it shows the importance of using this feature. Even if your ad does not get clicked on it can increase brand awareness free of charge.
Once your campaigns are set up, you can generate traffic almost instantly from people clicking on the ads to make their way to your website. It is a quick way to get your company visible at the top of search results.
Over the last 12 months, there have been some interesting results from PPC…
- 75% of people say paid search ads make it easier to find the information they are searching for on a website or search engine. One-third of people (33%) click on a paid search ad because it directly answers their search query (Search Engine Land, 2019)
- 49% of people said they click on text ads; 31% on Shopping ads; and 16% on video ads (Search Engine Land, 2019)
- Google Ads results receive 65% of the clicks that started with buying keywords, while organic results only receive 35% (Craig McConnel)
- 65% of B2B companies have acquired a customer through LinkedIn paid ads (HubSpot)
- One company increased their PPC ROI by 2.5 times with Facebook remarketing (AdRoll)
- Search ads can increase brand awareness by 80% (Google)
- Display advertising has proven to increase traffic to websites by 300% (Visually)
The benefits of PPC for Estate Agents
- Speed – Once the campaigns are created and approved you are eligible to show up instantly within the SERP (Search Engine Results Page).
- Budget Control – You control how much you spend on each campaign, ad group, and keyword
- Targeting – You have the ability to target specific locations, time of the day, day of the week, and even adjust bids for different devices, giving you full control of your ad visibility
- Blocking Competitors – By showing ads in the top positions you are effectively blocking a competitor’s ad from showing