Online videos are becoming more and more popular. As an estate agent, it is important to keep up to date with the latest trends in order to stay above the competition.
Here are 5 reasons why you should use video marketing:
1. Youtube is the second largest used Social Media platform
Following closely behind Facebook, Youtube is the second largest Social Media Platform with 1 billion monthly active users. Think of the leads you could miss out on if you don’t create video content on Youtube. Can’t think of a video idea? Try giving useful tips and advice or maybe you could upload a video of a featured property. Upload videos regularly to keep users coming back for more.
2. A Video is worth 1.8 Million Words
So you’ve heard the saying, a picture is worth a thousand words right? Well, did you know that a video is worth 1.8 million! How long do you think it would take you to write 1.8 million words? And who would stick around to read it? Creating a short video that’s only 1 minute long can have a major impact on the viewer.
3. Videos are more stimulating than text
Let’s face it, a page full of text looks boring and with 65% of people being visual learners, a page full of written content would not be retained as well as video content. A video is an easy way for the user to process the information you’re sharing and to keep them more engaged.
4. It’s 50% easier to get a video to rank on the first page of Google
We have written articles that include the importance of ranking in all major search engines. Did you know that Google is the world’s most popular search engine? Without showing highly in a search or even on the first page of a search result, it is unlikely that your website will get much traffic. Creating a video will improve your chances of appearing highly in Google by 50%. This makes video content one of the most important things to add into you digital marketing strategy.
5. Video’s build trust
People are most likely to buy from a company that they trust. Creating a short online video introducing your company or a staff member will help the user feel like they are getting to know you, this will build trust and can lead to a positive working relationship.
So, how should I add video content onto my website? And what videos will be effective?
- As well as showing pictures of properties try taking a video tour of properties. This will give the user a better idea of what to expect from the property.
- Drones are a good way of showing the outside and surrounding areas of a property. This would be a great way of showcasing a property with a large area of land.
- Vlogging is becoming more and more popular. As an Estate Agent it is important to update your blog on a regular basis to keep users engaged. Try uploading a video article to
- Add videos to all Social Media platforms such as twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
If you need help building an online platform to showcase your properties and videos we have over 11 years experience in building successful websites for estate agents. So book your FREE one to one session with Property Webmasters today.